First of all, we’d like to thank the amazing yurricanes for working with us to create the featured image for the page - it was originally used for episode 47: The Cupboard of Shame with G. I think you’ll agree that it’s an amazing piece of art, and you should definitely check out Yurricanes’ work over at insta.
For those of you who haven’t seen the British TV show called Room 101, imagine that you could cast a game into the gaming equivalent of the torture chamber used bt the Ministry of Love in 1984.
literary references on a video game website are cool, right?
In case you don’t know what that is, here’s an excerpt from Wikipedia:
Room 101, introduced in the climax of the novel, is the basement torture chamber in the Ministry of Love, in which the Party attempts to subject a prisoner to his or her own worst nightmare, fear or phobia, with the object of breaking down their resistance
All those games that you are ashamed of owning or having played can be cast into the Cupboard of Shame, never to see the light of day again.
The actual rules are pretty simple:
- You can add as many games to the Cupboard of Shame as you’d like
- You need to describe why it’s going into the Cupboard of Shame
- It can be something:
- you are ashamed of having bought
- you didn’t think that you’d like, but you enjoyed way too much
- which was a terrible experience (too buggy, story was unfinished, etc.)
- that was executed (the gameplay was terrible, or the story wasn’t fleshed out fully, etc.)
- that, on reflection, was a bad purchase (i.e. Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball, etc.)
- that just needs to go away
This table contains the list of games that were added to the Cupboard of Shame, along with who added them and when. If you want to find out why they added them, you’ll have to follow the link and check out the reasons they gave.
|WET||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Rambo: The Video Game||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Crackdown||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Ironman: The Official Videogame||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Final Fantasy XIII||Jay||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
These games aren’t Cupboard of shame worthy, but were worth mentioning whilst discussing the topic.
|Game of Thrones||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Lollipop Chainsaw||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|
|Eternal Darkness||Squidge||47 - The Cupboard of Shame with G|