If you wish to support the Waffling Taylors, and the other shows in the network, you can over at Ko-fi.com/jayandjaymedia. However, supporting us is completely voluntary and not required at all.
Another way to support us is to shout out about us on social media or give us a rating on your podcatcher service of choice. The more people who listen to the show, the more shows we can do.
Squidgy uses this word at 59:03, when describing his revelation that there was a pause menu in a specific game
Lulu says this at 59:57, during the same discussion
- At 19:18 I accidentally become Bugenhagen, and you can hear my transformation
It all starts with Lulu asking us where we stopped playing Final Fantasy.
My answer was that I’d given up with Final Fantasy XI, mainly because I felt like there wasn’t enough content to justify the monthly subscription price. Which was originally one of the issues with Final Fantasy XIV, until A Realm Reborn was release that is.
We talk about a particular boss challenge in XI which took a team of 6 people over 24 hours of real-time play, in order to beat it.
Squidgy, however, says that he hasn’t stopped playing them but he tends not to like to play MMORPGs or games which are particularly over hyped. He also prefers what he calls the “line dancing” type of RPGs
line dancing meaning that the party stand in a single line when fighting
Lulu then talks us through what was great about the protagonists in Final Fantasy XV, and why she really loved it
even though the main story felt a little short
Squidgy then asks three extremely important questions about Final Fantasy XV
- Are Biggs and Wedge in it?
- How do you feel about Noctis being a downloadable character for Tekken?
- We know that you’re a Final Fantasy fan, but what other games do you play?
You’ll have to listen to the episode to find out which games Lulu loves to play
Death Stranding comes up again
you may remember that B brought it up last time
and it starts us down the path of discussing video game trailers - especially ones which only tease at what the game contains.
Lulu then gives us her unpopular gaming opinion. As a quick reminder of the ones we’ve had so far:
- Mine was that you waste your money buying FIFA games. This is especially if you have the previous year’s game
- Squidgys was related to parents who blame video games for all of the world’s ills. It was a hard hitting conversation, and one for greater minds than ours to figure out
- Bs was that Hideo Kojima is over rated
Lulu’s was an extension of my Fifa problem, but for Call of Duty games. Which leads us into a discussion of what the next Call of Duty game could possibly bring to the table which PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds or Fortnite don’t have.
We talk about story driven games, and how RPGs are the best examples of story driven games. Squidgy then warns that story driven games can too easily hit you in the feels
cast your mind back to what Squidgy said about The Last of Us in the first episode with G
We then ask Lulu for a Gamer Confession, and she tells us about her experience with Murdered: Soul Suspect.
to hear more about our gamer confessions, check out Time Cast Pod Machine: Part 3
We also tease that we’re going to do an episode on Squidgy’s cupboard of shame.
Squidgy then talks about how he hadn’t realised that School Girl Zombie Hunter
yes, we talk about that game again
check out Switch, Please - Part 2 for when we first brought it up
had a pause menu. He’d been playing the game under the impression that there wasn’t a pause menu.
External Links of Interest
- Support us on Ko-Fi
- The Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball commercial we showed Chief
- Lulu’s Twitch channel
- GamerKarlh’s Twitch channel
- Our Facebook page
- Us on Twitter
Links to the music used in the podcast can be found below. Definitely check them out, because they're amazing tracks by awesome musicians.
- Intro music is Behind the Lines by Ian Sutherland
- Spoiler Break music is Spectrum (Subdiffusion Mix) by Foniqz (BandCamp)
- Pallet Cleanser music is Breath Deep Breath Clear (Wu Chi) by Siobhan Dakay
- Outro Music is I N e e d Y o u 私の側て by G.H (removed from BandCamp)
Games CoveredWe mentioned 34 games in this podcast. In the following order, those games where:
- Beyond Two Souls
- Call of Duty (series)
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball (series)
- Dead Space (series)
- Death Stranding
- Detroit: Become Human
- Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring
- Final Fantasy IX
- Final Fantasy XI-2
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy XV
- Graveyard Keeper
- Harvest Mooon (series)
- Heavy Rain
- Life is Strange
- Mortal Kombat (series)
- Murdered: Soul Suspect
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Portal 2
- School Girl Zombie Hunter
- Smash Bros. (series)
- Stardew Valley
- Street Fighter (series)
- Tekken 5
- The Sims (series)
- The Walking Dead (series)
- The Witcher
- The Witcher 3