Featured ImageThe header image for this post was created by Unsplash user Matheus Ferrero, the original version is available here
If you wish to support the Waffling Taylors, and the other shows in the network, you can over at Ko-fi.com/jayandjaymedia. However, supporting us is completely voluntary and not required at all.
Another way to support us is to shout out about us on social media or give us a rating on your podcatcher service of choice. The more people who listen to the show, the more shows we can do.
The first (official) episode of the Waffling Taylors podcast is here!
A couple of things that you need to know going in:
- We have the microphone!
I have a Blue Yeti microphone
Thanks to Squidgey for this, by the way
and what’s better is that I brought it with me this time. So the audio recording should be a much higher quality.
- Colds abound
I’ve done what I can to remove the few coughs and sniffles that ended up in the recording, but a few are still present. I’m sorry if the sound of Squidgey-Fidget sniffling a few times weirds you out.
Whilst we don’t swear on the podcast, we do use the words
sex. These are in the context of defining actions or features of both Jurassic Park Tresspasser and The Sims.
As such, we recommend that you give this episode a listen without the presence of little ones (or folks who might be offended by the uses of those words).
The first episode of our podcast is here.
We had an earlier episode, but it was the demo one. You can listen to it here
We didn’t discuss as many games as in our demo episode, but we went into more detail for the games which we did discuss.
Here’s a list of some of the things we mentioned (which aren’t games):
- Elf Ears
- Switch Pro, Ps4, Joycon, Xbone controller, mystery controller
- Our Idea for a Banjo Hero game
- Hold shift to stop autorun.ini files
Here are the games we’ve been playing:
Squidgey’s Recent Games
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Nintendo Switch
GaProgMans’s Recent Games
- Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force - Windows
- Jurassic Park Tresspasser - Windows
- The Sims - Windows
We’ve already written about some of the games we discussed, so here are some links to those posts:
- Resident Evil: Revelations (Part 1, Part 2)
- Phantasy Star Online (PSO Challenge)
- Resident Evil VII (Jay’s Thoughts)
- Rygar (And You Thought Dark Souls Was Hard)
- Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force (70,000 Light-years and a Decent FPS)
External Links of interest
We discussed a few cool things in this episode and here are links to them:
I called it Maslow’s pyramid and triangle
Things We Got Wrong
Occassionaly we get things wrong. In this episode we go the following things wrong:
Parasite Eve in Europe
I incorrectly said that Parasite Eve had a censored European release. This is wrong.
Parasite Eve has never been released (officially) in Europe. I’ve been unable to track down specifically why
Leave us a comment below if you know why. We’d love to know.
We sometimes find things out about a game that we discuss on a podcast, after it’s been recored and published.
There is a really Wilamette in Illinois. There was also one in Oregon
Links to the music used in the podcast can be found below. Definitely check them out, because they're amazing tracks by awesome musicians.
- Intro music is Behind the Lines by Ian Sutherland
- Spoiler Break music is Spectrum (Subdiffusion Mix) by Foniqz (BandCamp)
- Pallet Cleanser music is Breath Deep Breath Clear (Wu Chi) by Siobhan Dakay
- Outro Music is I N e e d Y o u 私の側て by G.H (removed from BandCamp)
Games CoveredWe mentioned 29 games in this post. In the following order, those games where:
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Dead Rising
- Kinect: Disneyland Adventures
- Parasite Eve
- Parasite Eve 2
- Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
- Jurassic Park: Tresspasser
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Giants: Citizen Kabuto
- Call of Duty
- God of War
- Gears of War
- The Sims (series)
- The Urbz: Sims in The City
- Sim City
- Singles: Flirt up your life
- 7 Sins
- Playboy: The Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry
- We Dare
- Rick & Morty Anatomy Park
- Jurassic Park (series)
- Resident Evil (Series)
- Star Trek (series)
- The Sims (series)